The largest information for Volvo in the 2022 product 12 months can not be viewed as information given the brand’s lengthy-long lasting reputation for basic safety. The Swedish brand backed by a Chinese multinational earned 13 IIHS Prime Safety Select+ awards, which several look at to be the most rigorous basic safety recognition bestowed in the U.S. Every single product analyzed gained the designation, becoming a member of Genesis and its 6 styles as the only models with the safety accolade on just about every automobile it sells.
In addition to upholding its popularity for security, Volvo continues to honor its pledge to electrify the complete lineup. Volvo enters the 2022 product 12 months with a plug-in hybrid or electrical variant on all types apart from in its wagon relatives, which feature 48-volt moderate-hybrid technologies. PHEV and BEV designs are distinguished by the Recharge identify. By 2030, Volvo programs to become fully electrical and end growth and income of new cars run by internal combustion engines.
This iteration of Volvo automobiles can be deemed a bridge technology to the following period of automotive, but it can’t be neglected. Rather, it can be essential for Volvo to get it suitable and usher consumers from a reliance on engines to a have confidence in in electrification, in its several iterations.
Here is a glimpse at what is new for Volvo, further than its superlative protection ratings.
– Volvo’s first electric powered motor vehicle sold only as a BEV and with out a fuel-powered counterpart.
– Primarily based on the XC40 Recharge and comparable to the Polestar 2, the C40 Recharge hatchback uses a 78-kwh lithium ion battery pack and a motor on possibly axle that incorporate to make 402 hp and 486 lb-ft of torque.
– Volvo prices a an EPA-estimated selection of 225 miles, and a -60 mph time of 4.5 seconds.
– On a 150-kw DC quickly charger the C40 Recharge should really be able to recharge from 10% to 80% in 37 minutes.
– Conventional options involve a 9.-inch touchscreen functioning Google’s operating technique, a warmth pump, Harman Kardon sound, and heated seats entrance and rear.
– Begins just beneath $60,000.
2022 Volvo XC60
2022 Volvo XC60
– Five-seat crossover SUV functions an updated exterior and an inside with a 12.3-inch touchscreen jogging on an Android-based mostly (Google) working method.
– All XC60’s characteristic 48-volt moderate-hybrid know-how that outlets regenerative braking ability.
– XC60 Recharge plug-in hybrid options a bigger battery pack, from 11.6 kwh to 18.7 kwh electrical driving range improves from 19 to 32 miles a lot quicker acceleration is complemented by a single-pedal driving, which is exceptional for a PHEV.
– XC60 Recharge options a turbocharged and supercharged inline-4 gas motor and big motor on the rear axle that combine to make 455 hp and 523 lb-ft (up from 400 hp and 472 lb-ft on the 2021 model).
2022 Volvo XC40
– XC40 Recharge electric powered crossover boosts assortment from 208 to 223 miles, and sports an effectiveness score of 85 MPGe alternatively of 79 MPGe on the 2021 model.
– XC40 Recharge options a 75-kwh battery pack and twin-motor all-wheel drive, as perfectly as the Android running procedure and a regular surround-watch camera method.
– The T4 and T5 2.-liter turbo-4 gas products remain the very same.
2022 Volvo S60
– Mid-sizing sedan will get mild-hybrid tech to raise gasoline economic climate to 28 mpg combined with AWD.
– Volvo dropped the base turbo-4.
2022 Volvo S90
– Complete-sizing sedan gets the exact same treatment as the S60.
2022 Volvo V60 and V60 Cross Country wagons
2022 Volvo V90 and V90 Cross State wagons
2022 Volvo XC90
– A few-row SUV is owing for a redesign, most likely for 2023.